Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

where is everybody?

+10
Uenn
mymaku
Len
Happosaai
MerriBuhlue
Jecs
Evangel
Tankien
Sinthanas
Bloodpool
14 posters

:: Public Chat :: OOC

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

where is everybody? - Page 2 Empty Re: where is everybody?

Post  Bloodpool 16th October 2008, 07:18

its kinda weird for me, still zero interest in WoW even with new talents out. Maybe once you can level and see new areas i'll be more interested. ive got a slew of alts in warhammer and still have extreme fun tho.
Bloodpool
Bloodpool
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sinthanas 16th October 2008, 08:13

Even WotLK has no appeal to me... War is where it's at for me for the foreseeable future, until that KOTOR MMO hits, maybe around 2011.
Sinthanas
Sinthanas
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post  Happosaai 17th October 2008, 11:37

I've just been taking a long break from the game. I even had no idea new talents were around til I decided to log in last night... still feeling pretty "meh" for MMORPGs now though Sad I dunno why...

Happosaai
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post  Evangel 17th October 2008, 13:26

I'm still having fun on lotro, though I may log on to wow to check out the new talents. I plan on buying WotLK and the Mines of Moria. I'll be back to level a couple chars to 80 but I'm so far behind now I doubt it will interest me much. Plus I still don't have the right playtimes to really progress in the game so .. meh.

Evangel
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sinthanas 17th October 2008, 14:46

Those MMO "meh" feelinsg happen from time to time. When I had my "meh" a few months prior to BC, I just bought teh expansion, but switched to playing Xbox 360. A year later I register my BC and log in to play. I was having those "meh" feelings again, but Warhammer really drove em away! I bet much like LotRO did for Eva. I might buy WotLK, but I am not really looking forward to it lol I might register it after I get bored with Warhammer, if it ever happens.

The next MMO I have in sights is the BioWare/LucasArts one, KOTOR 3. But that is at least 3 years away.

WoW was great, but Warhammer has that EQ1 feeling with elements of WoW that have me mezzed lol Not to sound like a fanboy, but Warhammer is just working for me, better than how WoW made me feel. I dunno, maybe it's that feeling when you level up while killing players, and actually get awesome rare loots off of players and the sense that there is conflict every where you go with lots of Lore to boot.
Sinthanas
Sinthanas
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post  Yohansen 17th October 2008, 23:47

New and shiny is always more exciting than old and worn~

Doesn't always stay that way for long though. Razz

Yohansen

Back to top Go down

Post  Sinthanas 18th October 2008, 07:34

Exactly my point, WotLK is just a new brand of polish that will lose it's shine as fast as BC did. But I do admit, it is looking better than BC by tenfold.

Last night we participated in a HUGE T3 RvR, I had never seen so many players in one spot before lol I am upgrading my RAM to 8GB just to be prepared, wasn't lagging bad, but I was lagging. Might drop to performance just to make it as smooth as possible next time there is so many players. Havn't had this much fun in large scale PvP since PlanetSide! lol Id say close to if not more than 150 players there... insane...
Sinthanas
Sinthanas
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post  Len 18th October 2008, 10:31

Not quite as much of a fan boy but warhammer is pretty fun. The PVP thus far has been respectable, I think the counterstrike/team fortress/13 year olds stayed at warcraft. There's been minimal /lol /spit/ /rofl type of shit in the pvp I've been in.

Flipside..there's always people to do stuff with in warcraft. This game can be pretty desolate. When things happen it's cool, but the solo grind lacking. That being said, pug pvp war > pup pvp wow but the pve solo in wow is terrible.

I'm not yearning for wow, especially since there's no "US" anymore and i'd probably have to server transfer again, but I'm not ready to say War has even the potential to be as good as WoW- it's not a 3 year commitment like wow was at this point. To each their own though.

If the core could have stayed together I think we could have ruled but then I thought that with warcraft too..
Len
Len
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post  mymaku 19th October 2008, 17:12

...and in other news, Everquest is releasing its one millionth expansion (that Mymy will likely feebly play).

mymaku
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Bloodpool 20th October 2008, 07:19

a guy i work with was telling me about the new expansion in EQ, yeah. he still plays EQ regularly. seems pretty interested in it still but it also seems like he would rather stay with something he knows. The latest lore in EQ looks fairly lame too, compared to most of the other expansions. Something about the good guys turning bad and you go back to fight the events in the past... think Old Hillsbrad, Mount Hyjal, etc. of course thats prolly the end game stuff anyways.
Bloodpool
Bloodpool
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  MerriBuhlue 20th October 2008, 07:31

Bp, you either switched your train of thought there, or you are confused. Old Hillsbrad and Mt. Hyjal are WoW zones.... not EQ.... Question

MerriBuhlue
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Evangel 20th October 2008, 13:33

well i think he was using those as wow examples of how they're doing it in eq. kind of sounds a little copyish to me lol

Evangel
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sinthanas 20th October 2008, 15:09

I am surprised, well not really, SOE is still supporting EQ... Hell, EQ has more support than Matrix Online... Or even maybe EQ2...
Sinthanas
Sinthanas
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post  Bloodpool 21st October 2008, 07:17

yeah, i was trying to give relevant examples, i know my games! :p
Bloodpool
Bloodpool
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  MerriBuhlue 21st October 2008, 07:21

/shuts up and goes away! Embarassed

MerriBuhlue
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Evangel 21st October 2008, 13:50

dont do that Sad

Evangel
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Tankien 21st October 2008, 15:59

BUHLUE!

Tankien
Guild Member
Guild Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Bloodpool 22nd October 2008, 11:40

LALALA ...wut?
Bloodpool
Bloodpool
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sinthanas 22nd October 2008, 18:17

Crack pipes, needles, PCP and fast cars kind of mix really well in a dead movie star.
If I feel like talking, I never be wrong
If i feel like walking, you best come along
I close my windows, crank the heat up high, till my palms are wet and my tongue is dry.
I'm looking for a mother that will get me high.
Just a stupid mother****er if I die, I die.
Sinthanas
Sinthanas
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post  Jecs 23rd October 2008, 12:15

warhammer was fun, but the population was too low. You could really only enjoy pvp or group content during the peak hours, which is fine if thats when you play. Solo play is repetitive.

The other problem was that it was pretty laggy for me. I'm not really sure why...I have a decent computer and was able to play vanguard without any trouble. But WAR was pretty choppy for me, and made pvp rather difficult.

Anyway, i'm enjoying the new talents on WoW. At least for warrior, it really changed the way you play. Also, its funny to see ret pally consistently on top of the DPS charts. And with the nerf to bosses, we're starting to make some real progress in BT. I'm not at all excited about DKs, but the new instances in wotlk and the 10/25 option on dungeons is going to be excellent. They've also put in an "achievement" system that is somewhat like the Tome in WAR, so a lot of people are now running old instances again trying to pick up all the achievements :p. Oh, and the inscription tradeskill is really kool too. Some of the glyphs you can make have a real impact on your abilities.

Jecs
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Evangel 23rd October 2008, 13:33

Jecs wrote: Also, its funny to see ret pally consistently on top of the DPS charts.

Shocked

Evangel
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Bloodpool 23rd October 2008, 14:28

lolretpally~

I checked out the mage talents, wasnt super amazed with most of it. Arcane looks pretty sweet last I saw it, almost to the point of that being a sure thing more than fire and frost. Frostfire bolt is/was hella sweet too.

this is all what I read tho, so may not fit my play style. who knows. Im looking forward to WoW for when I get bored with the games I'm playing now and they get over the inevitable patch shitstorm that hits when the patch borks the servers. Didnt I just read that some recent patch screwed all the servers?

Oh and I read about the current zombie invasion thing, and ALMOST made me want to resubscribe just to piss people off turning them all into zombies. Blizzard does do world events quite nicely.
Bloodpool
Bloodpool
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Evangel 24th October 2008, 13:51

nah, i think their world events suck honestly. they don't change anything really, except for the gate opening thing, and they borked that so bad it wasnt even funny. doomhammer was in a neck and neck race with i think alleria or some server for 6th place or something like that. we were turning in linen like crazy and were winning and then ... bam... downhammer strikes and we were frozen for like 15 crucial minutes. so we lost. i think we even dropped to like 8th or something. i was so pissed off.

eq was the one with the cool world events. when the sleeper woke up, it changed the game forever. opening the gates on wow changed the game yeah, but that was just a new area. the sleeper changed the way an existing area was played, and changed the progression of the game. and uo's world events were awesome. i mean seriously awesome. gms would play npcs and whole cities were taken over for weeks. in eq, you'd run into a gm run thing every now and then and it was cool, but on uo, there were lots of gms at one time taking over whole cities and .. lol.. killing pcs. they did that on eq too, but it was isolated and the gms always won lol. sometimes on uo, the pcs would actually win Smile anyway, coffee kicking in and the nostalgia is getting out of control here.

Evangel
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Jecs 24th October 2008, 15:45

Evangel wrote:nah, i think their world events suck honestly. they don't change anything really, except for the gate opening thing, and they borked that so bad it wasnt even funny. doomhammer was in a neck and neck race with i think alleria or some server for 6th place or something like that. we were turning in linen like crazy and were winning and then ... bam... downhammer strikes and we were frozen for like 15 crucial minutes. so we lost. i think we even dropped to like 8th or something. i was so pissed off.

eq was the one with the cool world events. when the sleeper woke up, it changed the game forever. opening the gates on wow changed the game yeah, but that was just a new area. the sleeper changed the way an existing area was played, and changed the progression of the game. and uo's world events were awesome. i mean seriously awesome. gms would play npcs and whole cities were taken over for weeks. in eq, you'd run into a gm run thing every now and then and it was cool, but on uo, there were lots of gms at one time taking over whole cities and .. lol.. killing pcs. they did that on eq too, but it was isolated and the gms always won lol. sometimes on uo, the pcs would actually win Smile anyway, coffee kicking in and the nostalgia is getting out of control here.
Thats true. I'm so glad I was online when the sleeper woke up. That was exciting. I do wish WoW would put in more "world changing" events. It would be really kool if multiple paths each server could take so that each server ends up slightly different. But that would never happen :p

On the other hand, thats the only EQ world event i really remember.

Jecs
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jecs 24th October 2008, 17:12

although there appears to now be an event that will add a new boss and quest to kara

Jecs
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

:: Public Chat :: OOC

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum